******* SALE *******
All of my courses are available for $15 from now until
the end of July with the coupon code JULYSALE
Buy them now while they are cheap
and learn when you have time
Please make sure that you use the coupon code to get the
discount. All of the “Available Now” links on this page will
have it applied automatically but other links on this site will not.
All of my courses are available on the Udemy platform. This means that
- They are self-paced. Start when you want and take as long as you want to finish
- They are available 24-7 on-line
- They can be downloaded to a mobile device and watched off-line
- They have life-time access
- The price is
$20($15 until the end of July) each for readers of this blog.
All of my courses use open source software and simple, standard methods that have stood the test of time. They can be implemented without spending anything on licensing, subscriptions, or per-user fees. Many of the concepts you will learn can be applied to commercial software as well but I think you will be impressed with the power and ease of the open source ecosystem, especially for multi-user geospatial applications.
Web Programming courses for Geospatial
- Introduction to web programming for GIS applications – This course is the foundation on which all my other web programming courses are based on. Its purpose is to provide the background necessary to understand the big picture of how various technologies, from basic HTML to PostGIS databases, work together to form a web GIS application. This course is intended to be watched with the intention of understanding the big picture. It is not intended to be followed along step by step, although several people have been able to do so. (13 hours) AVAILABLE NOW. *** BESTSELLER ***
- Display and analyze your GIS data on the web with Leaflet – This course builds on the first half of the previous course and provides much more detail on the Leaflet.js API and the Turf.js API for spatial analysis. Students are expected to follow along on their own computers and build a web map from start to finish. This course only covers client-side technologies, i.e. displaying and analyzing static data. It does not cover creating and/or editing data via the web although that subject is introduced in the introductory course. (13 hours) AVAILABLE NOW. *** BESTSELLER ***
- Mobile GIS and mapping applications with Leaflet – This course builds on the previous two to cover issues specific to mobile devices, This includes dealing with small screens, touch screens, accessing the devices sensors, and working off-line. (4 hours) AVAILABLE NOW
- PHP registration, login, and content management system – One of the most frequent questions that I get is “How do I control access to my web pages and content?”. This course attempts to answer that question by providing step-by-step instructions for developing a user registration, login, and content management system that you can use for your own projects as-is or modify to suit your purpose. (9 hours) AVAILABLE NOW
- Server based web gis applications with Leaflet and PostGIS – This course will build on the introductory course to provide much more detail on integrating Leaflet web maps with a spatial database. It covers server-side programming with PHP, AJAX, and SQL. This is necessary for applications where the user is allowed to create and/or edit data via the web. Although I use Leaflet and postGIS as examples in this book the concepts are easily transferable to any client side web mapping API that can display GeoJSON and any server-side database. AVAILABLE NOW.
- Mobile data collection applications with Leaflet and PostGIS – This course will build on the previous course and show how to develop applications for collecting data in the field using the devices GPS sensor. Available August 2018
QGIS and PostGIS courses
- QGIS 3.0 for GIS Professionals – This course is projected to be available concurrently with the release of QGIS 3.0 It will provide an overview of QGIS specifically for GIS users who are already trained in the use of commercial GIS software. Over 10 hours of content. AVAILABLE NOW!!! *** BESTSELLER ***
- Spatial databases with QGIS and PostGIS – This course is intended to provide an introduction in using spatial databases (based on PostGIS) for storing and analyzing geospatial data through SQL commands Over 10 hours of content. Available NOW!!! *** HIGHEST RATED ***
- Python programming for QGIS and geospatial applications – This course will provide a review of python and how it is used to interact with QGIS to provide custom geoprocessing operations and plug-ins. Available October 2018.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel and/or join the Open Source Web GIS group on linked in to stay updated with the latest info.